Senior UX Designer
We are looking for a detail-oriented senior UX designer capable of guiding small design teams to (re-) design digital products. Through a co-creative, design thinking approach you ensure the adoption of new features and products by internal stakeholders and users. As a senior UX designer you will be involved in all parts of the design process: from sales and project management to knowledge management, prototyping and detailed design.
As a Namahn senior UX designer you will:
- Work on multiple projects at the same time, in close collaboration with both clients and colleagues
- Work for a variety of clients and sectors (from non-profit to public and private clients)
- Be the lead designer in UX design projects, while leaving room for colleagues
- Mentor and coach less experienced designers
- Lead user research and co-creation activities
- Continuously improve our design approach and deepen our UX design methodology and capabilities
- Be the main person of contact for clients
- Be responsible for activity and resource planning within design projects
- Lead sales efforts: define the approach and budget based on the client’s needs; and contribute to project offers (proposals)
Mindsets and competencies we are looking for:
- You are proficient applying a human-centred methodology in the design of digital products, involving a variety of stakeholders (users, developers, …)
- You are capable of defining a clear design direction for a project
- You know how to manage a team; you value individual perspectives and are able to create a safe environment for learning
- You actively look for new developments and practices in the field of UX and have a point of view on what good UX design is about
- You enjoy making sense of complex information, business processes, user interaction flows and product ecosystems, and finding creative solutions for complex challenges
- You can clearly articulate the process, approach, and impact of your design in verbal and visual presentation
- You are able to produce state of the art design deliverables, such as components, libraries and prototypes
- You have an understanding of front-end coding frameworks, and understand how they impact your design
- You are proficient with a variety of design applications (e.g., Adobe Suite, Figma, Axure) and Microsoft 365.
- You have full professional proficiency in English
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an added value
This is a full-time position. At the moment we are working remote, in the future you will be based in Brussels.
What we offer you:
- The basics Fair compensation, complemented with meal vouchers
- Time-off You get 20 paid holidays, compensation for overtime and the possibility to take unpaid leave when needed
- Transport Public transport subscription for all work-home transport and a bike allowance when you travel to Namahn by bike
- Connectivity A mobile subscription is provided
- Health benefits Hospital insurance DKV Pro Premium Corporate and DKV AZ Plan, with orthopaedic, chiropractic, osteopathic, dental and vision care.
- Future proofing Group insurance at 5% of your gross salary
- Training and growth All employees get a yearly training budget to grow and learn.
- Relocation Any additional costs related to your relocation to Belgium will be covered
What you’ll love about working at Namahn:
- We are a small, international team with both multidisciplinary & specialised designers, committed to creating a diverse environment
- A pleasant and stimulating workplace with a good work-life balance, where you have the option to work from home (even in non-covid situations)
- A workplace that encourages reflection, experimentation and knowledge sharing
Equal opportunities and non-discrimination:
At Namahn we are committed to creating a diverse environment. All suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. In addition, during the various stages of recruitment, specific measures can be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities or special needs.
We can only respond to applicants that already have or can independently obtain a permit to work in Belgium.
You can apply through LinkedIn or by sending your cv and portfolio to email@example.com. Applications must be submitted before the 28th of February 2021.