- € 1000 (excluding VAT)
- 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM. Lunch is provided.
- Namahn studios
What is it
Systemic Design brings together concepts of systems thinking and design thinking. This combination is particularly useful when you are dealing with issues that arise from multiple, interrelated causes or with challenges that involve loosely coupled networks or eco-systems.
What will you learn
In this practical, interactive training you learn how to understand the dynamics underlying the issue, how to conceive product and services as leverages for systemic change and how to foster transition by design.
We will work with an illustrative case, allowing you to gain hands-on experience and knowledge.
How will this help you
Typical questions that can be addressed with systemic design are:
- How can our new digital platform or service help to achieve our new vision and strategy?
- How can we make our eco-system more collaborative and align it towards a common goal?
- Why haven’t we foreseen the unintended consequences?
- Why is this problem getting worse in spite of all the efforts we make in trying to solve it?
What are the learning outcomes?
Participating in this training will help you to:
- Understand what systemic design is and to what kind of projects it applies to
- Recognise the variables that are influencing the problem
- Learn how to make causal loops diagrams
- Identify the leverage points in a system
- Develop an intervention strategy
- Master the best practices to design for transition
This course is well suited for anyone needing to understand how to analyse wicked problems and innovate in an impactful way.
You do not need any previous knowledge of systems thinking or design thinking to attend this course.