- € 700 (excl. VAT)
- 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM. Lunch is provided.
- Namahn studios
Some of the questions that often arise are:
- How useful is a large, shared display?
- How to distribute operational roles over the control room?
- How can several control rooms be merged?
- How to enhance a comfortable, efficient and safe mode of operation within a control room?
- How does the room function in case of a crisis?
- How many screens are needed and how to position them?
- How to maintain an operator’s level of vigilance and expertise in a highly automated environment?
In this highly interactive training course, you will learn about key principles of control room design through real-life project illustrations, get introduced to guidelines and experience a hands-on approach through exercises and examples.
Participating in this training will help you to:
- Analyse the needs and requirements of the users
- Tackle a control room design project following a grounded, human centred methodology
- Make principled decisions regarding particular aspects of control room design
- Create a business case for a human-centred approach.
Whoever is involved in control room (re)design projects: project managers, interaction designers, business owners, programme architects.
To ensure diversity, we accept at most two participants from the same organisation. To ensure a highly interactive session we accept at most eight participants.
This course is a joint initiative of Namahn and Symbio, based on their extensive experience with control room design projects. Joannes Vandermeulen (Namahn) and Denis Javaux (Symbio) will be the teachers.